ace&jig works closely with partners in India to weave and sew our collections. we custom create our own yarn-dye woven textiles in a lengthy process that takes up to twelve months. our partners share our ethical values and practice the holistic kaizen philosophy of always continuing to improve.
we work closely with this team to develop new textile designs and experiment with new weaving techniques. we collaborate with them to find sustainable ways of minimizing textile waste while upholding our shared standards of production and labor.
our partners in India uphold our ethical standards and are committed to:
- Wages & Benefits - all employees are paid fair wages, and benefit from covered health insurance, employer-matched Provident Fund contributions, annual bonuses, and paid time off.
- Fair Trade Certification - we are actively working towards having our manufacturing become Fair Trade Certified.(link)
- Employee Safety - our partners are committed to ensuring a safe, clean, and healthy workspace for all employees. they follow the Ethical Trading Initiative base code parameters for employee health and safety, and are audited annually to ensure these standards are upheld.
- Sustainable Practices - our partners are committed to conserving energy, water, and reducing textile waste. this includes using green energy sources and azo-free dyes, recycling waste water, and saving leftover textile scraps to be repurposed into new creations.
- Community Empowerment - we have a longstanding partnership with Projecthrive, an initiative in Delhi which empowers women through education, training, and opportunities.
- Free Childcare - employees benefit from free on-site childcare.