the usa alone throws out nearly 14 million tons of textiles each year.
the most important thing we can do to reduce this textile waste is prolong the lifespan of our garments.
a few of our practices:
- swap - fans of ace&jig swap styles that they no longer wear with each other, giving the pieces a new life!
- repair - we are committed to helping extend the life of our clothing by repairing. we offer complementary seamstress service at all of our community events to make repairs to well-loved ace&jig pieces.
- resell - our online community participates in lively reselling of styles they no longer use, giving these styles a new and longer lifespan.
- upcycle - many members of our community upcycle their ace&jig pieces into one-of-a-kind creations. we love that they share our commitment to finding a purpose for every last scrap.
- pass on - write your name and the date on our new ace&jig hangtags when you pass it on, swap, or resell it, to track it's lifespan and keep a sweet record of the many lives it has lived.