the most important thing we can do to reduce textile waste is prolong the lifespan of our garments.
a few of our practices:
- swap - fans of ace&jig swap styles they no longer wear with each other, giving the pieces a new life!
- take back - we now take back your well-loved but damaged ace&jig! request a label here to send items you no longer wish to keep back to us. for every item you send back, you’ll receive $20 credit to shop on aceandjig.com.
- resell - our online community participates in lively reselling of styles they no longer use, giving these styles a new and longer lifespan.
- mend - at ace&jig we encourage you to celebrate loved, lived-in, and lasting clothing by using our custom-designed, woven textile scraps to mend and patch your well-loved, well-worn clothing! see how we've used #aceandjigscraps to bring well-loved or damaged ace&jig pieces back to life in our past Visible Mending collections.
- upcycle - many members of our community upcycle their ace&jig pieces into one-of-a-kind creations. we love that they share our commitment to finding a purpose for every last scrap!
- pass on - write your name and the date on our ace&jig hangtags when you pass it on, swap, or resell it, to track it's lifespan to help keep a record of the many hands it has passed through and the garment’s lifespan.