Copy of . with 15% pledge
Black Lives Matter
and all those taking action against systemic oppression, anti-blackness,
white supremacy, and police brutality.
as a team, we are looking critically at what we can do better.
- prioritizing diversity in our hiring practices and increasing our internal work around anti-racism, diversity, equity & inclusion.
- continuing in our dedication to representation in our brand imagery
- increasing our charitable donations to Black organizations
- continuing the process of getting our manufacturing in India Fair Trade certified
- scrutinizing our vendors and suppliers to see where we can shift our support to Black and BIPOC businesses
- dedicating our time to calling, protesting, petitioning
- elevating and voting for leaders that will demand the change we need
we won't stop being angry. we won't stop learning. we won't stop taking action.
we know there are no easy fixes, and we’re in this for the long haul.
thank you for taking action with us.
we welcome suggestions and are open to conversations.
we are listening at firstname.lastname@example.org
donate & fundraise
if you are able, we urge you to donate, too.
We pledge to:
- Donate to Black communities and organizations doing the work to support the Black Lives Matter movement.
- Ensure that a minimum of 15% of our yearly artist collaborations are with Black designers, Black artists, and Black-owned brands.
- Continue our dedication to increasing the diversity and representation of Black models, creatives, and consultants.
- Actively seek out ways to increase our waste not scrap usage through donation and collaboration to benefit Black communities and organizations.
Where we are today:Donations - 86%
Artist Collabs - 33%
Talent & Creative - 16%
Scraps - 1%
We agree with the 15% pledge that applying a measurable metric is critical to accountability. We have work to do and look forward to working with the 15 pledge to guide and uphold our commitments.We encourage others to take this pledge. Find out more here: https://www.15percentpledge.org.
take action now
VOTE - locally and nationally! click here for a link to find out when the next election in your area is.
CALL - find your representatives and let them know what you think and what you demand. click here to find out who your reps are.
PROTEST - if you are able, find a local protest in your area and protest responsibly. click here for helpful tips from Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez.
explore the many amazing Resources for Allyship compiled and shared by Nicki Sun.
dig into these Resources & Tools Regarding Racism & Anti-Blackness compiled by Tatum Dorrell, Matt Herndon, and Jourdan Dorrell.
watch this video from Nowness for a visual guide to anti-racism.
for a roundup of books on anti-racism and black bookstores to buy them from, visit our story highlights.
follow and listen to The Conscious Kid's tools for parenting and education through a critical race lens.