Black Lives Matter
and all those taking action against systemic oppression, anti-blackness,
white supremacy, and police brutality.
as a team, we are looking critically at what we can do better.
we are also taking action.
with their guidance, we have been reading, watching, learning and unlearning,
doing research and thinking about our responsibility as a company and as humans in this movement.
- prioritizing diversity in our hiring practices and increasing our internal work around anti-racism, diversity, equity & inclusion.
- continuing in our dedication to representation in our brand imagery
- increasing our charitable donations to Black organizations
- scrutinizing our vendors and suppliers to see where we can shift our support to Black and BIPOC businesses
- dedicating our time to calling, protesting, petitioning
- elevating and voting for leaders that will demand the change we need
we won't stop being angry. we won't stop learning. we won't stop taking action.
we know there are no easy fixes, and we’re in this for the long haul.
thank you for taking action with us.
we welcome suggestions and are open to conversations.
we are listening at firstname.lastname@example.org
This September, we took the 15 Percent Pledge to create and support economic empowerment for Black-owned businesses, artists and communities. We are committed to increasing representation and diversifying our spending power in six core sectors of ace&jig — Talent & Creative, Consultants, Artists Collabs, Textile Scraps, Supplies and Donations.
We’ve assessed our spendings and partnerships in these categories and have developed a plan to hold ourselves accountable. In each sector, we will be committing a minimum of 15% of our resources to
Black-owned businesses, artists and communities.
We pledge to:
- Donate to Black communities and organizations doing the work to support the Black Lives Matter movement.
- Ensure that a minimum of 15% of our yearly artist collaborations are with Black designers, Black artists, and Black-owned brands.
- Continue our dedication to increasing the diversity and representation of Black models, creatives, and consultants.
- Allocate at least 15% of our supply spend to black owned businesses.
- Hire and partner with Black consultants.
- Actively seek out ways to increase our waste not scrap usage through donation and collaboration to benefit Black communities and organizations.
Where we stand over the last year:Donations - 61%
Artist Collabs - 33%
Consultants - 30%
Talent & Creative - 21%
Supplies - 17%
Scraps - 19%
We agree with the 15% pledge that applying a measurable metric is critical to accountability. We have work to do and look forward to working with the 15% pledge to guide and uphold our commitments.We encourage others to take this pledge. Find out more here: https://www.15percentpledge.org.
donate & fundraise
if you are able, we urge you to donate and fundraise, too!
take action now
VOTE - locally and nationally! click here for a link to find out when the next election in your area is.
CALL - find your representatives and let them know what you think and what you demand. click here to find out who your reps are.
PROTEST - if you are able, find a local protest in your area and protest responsibly. click here for helpful tips from Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez.
explore the many amazing Resources for Allyship compiled and shared by Nicki Sun.
dig into these Resources & Tools Regarding Racism & Anti-Blackness compiled by Tatum Dorrell, Matt Herndon, and Jourdan Dorrell.
watch this video from Nowness for a visual guide to anti-racism.
for a roundup of books on anti-racism and black bookstores to buy them from, visit our story highlights.
follow and listen to The Conscious Kid's tools for parenting and education through a critical race lens.
**all totals and percentages above have been updated as of April 1st, 2021, and include a summary from the last calendar year.